About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 23 - Death by Dessert

I went to spinning today, and I'm really starting to wonder if it will ever get easier. I always leave that class thinking I could not possibly sweat anymore, but inevitably after the next spinning class I do. Both gross and good I think.

I could tell it was going to be one of those days when my body just didn't want to listen to me. I had only been pedaling for about 5 minutes and my quads were burning, and I was panting. And it was the warm up! The worst part was I actually asked myself if there was anyway I could leave without causing a scene. Fake an injury? Just leave and never come back? But then I remembered that 1) this is the only cardio class I want to do on Tuesdays and 2) Erin is here so I can't leave. Not that she would have given me a hard time or anything, but knowing she was there made me want to stay and see it through.

The class I went to had a different instructor than before, and he was tough. Lots of intervals. Quick bursts of jumps, moving through all 3 positions, etc. He was great at giving direction and motivation - which I clearly needed today. But his music choice was just so-so. It was kind of indie rockish. Nothing bad or grating, just not enough to pump me up. (Of course there was an inner war going on between my body and mind, so I'm not sure I heard a lot of it anyway). Overall a good class that was definitely needed considering the meal I had afterward.

Andy's parents wanted to take us out to dinner, so the four of us went to Zola. It's a really nice restaurant with great food here in State College. I started with the black truffle and gruyere mac and cheese, then moved onto the strip steak with blue cheese, onions, and BACON mashed potatoes. Ridiculously good. And just when I thought I couldn't eat anymore, the dessert menu came out, and as I've said before I have a serious sweet tooth. So I scanned the menu and came across a dessert sent from above - Nutella stuffed croissant with vanilla cinnamon butter and maple syrup. It was one of the best desserts I have ever had. Luckily everyone else had a few bites, so when my plate was clean I didn't feel as bad as I should have.

The funny thing? I feel like I should be really mad at myself for eating a meal like that when I'm trying to get healthy, but I don't! First, how often do I have meals like that (umm....about 4 times a year) and how was I supposed to say no to Nutella stuffed croissant?? You just can't, it's as simple as that. So I'll just have to push myself/worry about it tomorrow, because right now I'm about to pass out from sugar overload. Til tomorrow!

Minutes spent working out this week: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment