About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 15 - Yoga and a Headache

I knew this day would come - the day when I had to decide between my headache and my workout. I get headaches and migraines pretty regularly, probably 2-3 times a month. I wish I knew what caused them (so I could avoid it) or had a consistent remedy. Sometimes it's from low blood sugar, and an Excedrin Migraine will make it better. Other times it just happens, and the only thing that helps is going to bed. So when I started getting one around 2pm today, I took an Excedrin, drank some water, and decided that I was going to go to yoga anyway in hopes that it would help.

Unfortunately it didn't, which is why this blog post will be a little shorter. It definitely helped while I was actually doing yoga, but once we started the end of class meditation, I realized that it was still there and RAGING. Add on to that some nausea and light sensitivity, and it was a challenge trying to get home and whip up some tacos. I thought food would help, but it didn't. Even an extra long hot shower didn't help. So that leaves me with sleep, which I'm about attempt.

Anyone who has ever had a migraine or just a nasty headache will probably agree with me when I say that trying to sleep with a headache is hard. Really hard. For me, I lay there in the dark and all I can feel is how my head is pounding and how nauseous I am. And that keeps me up, which just makes me frustrated and therefore makes my headache worse. I'm trying to distract myself right now with this blog, which helps a little, but inevitably when I turn this off it'll still hurt.

Sorry - kind of went off track there. Yoga was a great workout today, and Erin was there which always makes it more fun. I really can't think of a better way to start off the week than with yoga. It's a Monday, which already makes me want to just go home, but then I realize that I have yoga tonight which I actually enjoy and look forward to. So I go. And once I've started the week working out, it's hard to talk myself out of going another day later on. And I'm glad I did start off my week today, because my goal this week is to go 5 days - Monday through Friday. Can I do it? I'm not sure, but I'm going to take it one day at a time. Til tomorrow!

~Catie

Number of minutes spent working out this week: 75

No comments:

Post a Comment