About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 11 - Spinning = OMFG

Today was my first spinning class in 8 or 9 months, and let me tell you - OMFG. Not kidding. It's almost as difficult at 30/60/90, but different. Where 30/60/90 is more strength training than cardio, but has both, spinning is definitely more cardio. And by more cardio I mean physical ridiculousness. I see the appeal though, especially if the instructor and music are good which both were today.

My mom was coming into town tonight around 6:30pm because we're going to NYC for the weekend to visit my sister and go to the opera (so excited!!), so I decided to go to an earlier class so I could get back in time. I went on the website, and there were 2 options for a 4:30pm class - Step and Pump (which I just didn't want to attempt) or Spinning. Definitely one of those "lesser of two evils" kind of choices. So I decided on Spinning, and it was a lot of fun!

I think I was able to mentally talk myself into since it's only 50 minutes, and I've already done a 75 and a 60 minute workout, so what's 50 minutes?? Well 50 minutes of pedaling while increasing the resistance is not easy. And seriously, what is up with "running"while spinning? Just when I thought I had the pedaling with lots of resistance thing down while sitting, now I have to stand-up and do it? And don't get me started on "jumping"! Sit and pedal for 3 spins, then stand-up and pedal for 3 spins, and continue that for a whole song. I've never wanted "Disturbia" by Rihanna to end faster in my life.

But I didn't quit. I may not have had the resistance up as high as everyone else, but I didn't have to stop and rest at all, and it felt great. Maybe I'm starting to build up some endurance? It's only been 11 days, but that's possible right? Or maybe it's more of a mental endurance? Either way it feels good. Til tomorrow! Or maybe Saturday. But either way it'll be a blog from NYC!

~Catie

Minutes spent working out this week - 185

No comments:

Post a Comment