About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 17 - "Snowpocalypse!!!"

I was planning on writing yesterday about spinning, but somehow managed to fall asleep at 9:30pm and didn't write! But it turns out that it's pretty appropriate to lump together yesterday's and today's entries since they were both affect by the "Snowpocalypse". Let me start off by saying where I am, in central PA, the storm was basically a total bust. We got maybe 8 inches over the course of 30 hours. Pretty tame actually. But that still didn't stop the storm from really messing up my workout plans!

Yesterday I decided I was going to beat the storm, leave work early, and go to the 4:30pm spinning class. That way I'd be done by 5:30 and home before the roads got too bad. Well it turns out that everyone else had the same ideas as me, because once I got to the spinning room (around 4:15) every bike was full! I never thought that would happen. And there I was, all dressed and ready to workout, and nothing to do. Even the 4:30 kickboxing class was cancelled, so I was out of luck and a little frustrated. I was driving home, and realized the day could go one of two ways - I could get home and jump on the treadmill, or I could get home and watch some reruns of NCIS. And I'll be honest, I was really torn if not leaning toward NCIS. Honestly the thing that got me on the treadmill was that I was already in my workout clothes, and I would have the change either way so I might as well workout first.

And you know what? Not only did I get on the treadmill, but I actually went for 50 minutes! I told myself that if I was at spinning it would go for that long, so if I was going to workout at home I was going to do it right. It wasn't nearly as intense as spinning, but at least it was for the same amount of time.

Now if only that motivation had carried through to today. Unfortunately my lazy side reared its ugly head and I didn't work out. I was all set to go 5 days this week, but if I'm being completely honest I should have worked out today, but after having done a couple of weeks of actual classes, I'm not sure I'm at a place yet where I'll push myself as hard as those classes can. That's not a reason to not workout, I mean I was able to get on the treadmill yesterday. But it makes sense to me. Or maybe that's just me trying to rationalize not working out today. Either way, it's done and I didn't workout. So I'm going to let it be and look forward to spinning tomorrow because 1) I know I'm going to workout tomorrow and 2) I know that sometime soon I will be going 5 days a week. If I thought this was the beginning of me stopping again, then I would be concerned. But I know that it's not, it's just accepting that things happens whether it be laziness or Snowpocalypse. Til tomorrow!

~Catie

Number of minutes spent working out this week: 125

No comments:

Post a Comment