About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 50 (part two) - I need chocolate

Treadmills are a real bitch. I wasn't able to get out of work on time, and I missed lift and sculpt, which annoyed me. I was really close to going home and vegging out, but decided I had to do something. And my reward would be to eat some ice cream. Which is exactly what I'm doing right now. And, I don't feel too bad because it's a tasty Weight Watchers candy bar ice cream treat!

Luckily I made a fun, rocking playlist the other day because I really needed it on the treadmill. I was determined to work out as long as I would have normally today, so I jumped on the treadmill for 60 minutes. It started off great too - for about 10 minutes - then I was bored, and counting down the seconds. Which, as you know, makes the time go more slowly. I swear it happens. After about 20 minutes I was bored and breathing heavy, which makes the time go by doubly slow. I think I listened to "Telephone" by Lady Gaga & Beyonce, and "Hard" by Rihanna at least 3 times each. It's the only reason I got through the second half of my workout. Oh, and "Imma Be" by the Black Eyed Peas. For some reason those songs were all I wanted to hear.

So now I'm here, eating my candy ice cream bar and watching some terrible TV. I think it's now officially time to get to bed. I'm actually pretty tired from my workout, which I'm surprised about because I normally associate working out at home on the treadmill as a second rate workout. I'm not sure why either because I went for 60 minutes, and my heart rate was definitely consistently up. It's just some weird mental block I guess, which I'm getting over very quickly. And it doesn't really matter how I feel about the exercise I did today. The most important thing is that I worked out, and that's all that matters. Til tomorrow!

~Catie

Minutes spent working out so far this week: 60

No comments:

Post a Comment