About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 37 - The Quest for Carrie Underwood Legs

Today was spinning class, and it was great! I know that sounds strange since I normally consider spinning to be a necessary evil in my quest for healthiness, but I had a really good time today. It was a tough workout, but fun too. And as I was spinning along, trying to convince myself to up the resistance just a little more I thought to myself, I want Carrie Underwood legs! You can't quit now! I bet Carrie didn't quit, and look at her legs! (No seriously - look at them. They're RIDICULOUS.)

Granted a lot of that is genetics, and I understand that my legs are probably not going to look like that. But I can try, and I can use that as motivation. Now, I'm not trying to look like a celebrity - I've said before that I'm not interested in looking like a skinny starlet anymore than I am a bodybuilder. And I know that being fit and attractive is a big part of their job description - they work out for hours a day! And no actual person has that kind of time. But that doesn't mean we can't strive to have our own personal version of Carrie Underwood legs, or Fergie's abs, or Jessica Biel's arms - whatever that may look like for us.

And that's what I'm going for. It's funny, but when I started out with my get-healthy plan I really just wanted to be healthier, and if I saw some physical changes then that would be a bonus. And it's still a bonus. But now that I'm actually starting to see some changes, I'm excited and I want to see where it takes me. Til tomorrow!

~Catie

Minutes spent working out this week: 110

No comments:

Post a Comment