About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 43 - Spinning and Skating and Sculpting - Oh My!

I know it's been awhile since I posted, but that's not because I haven't been working out. I have lots of free time now that Andy and I are done watching Battlestar Galatica (I have an inner nerd - don't judge!), and last Friday night a group of friends and I went ice skating, and it was really fun! I was sore from spinning the day before, but let's be honest - it's not like the soreness of spinning impeded my amazing skating skills. I was just happy to not fall down - and I didn't! I wasn't landing any triple toe-loops, but I didn't take out any small children either. So I'm counting it as a victory.

Ice skating really got me thinking about how excited I am for spring, which I know sounds strange (I promise I didn't hit my head), but it's true. Why? Because once it's nice out I can start doing different activities for my workouts. Skating really made me realize how fun it is to do something active with my friends, and I didn't even notice that I had been exercising for over 90 minutes! And once spring rolls around I can go for evening walks with Andy, and weekend hikes and canoeing trips with my friends. It's just going to be nice to mix up the workouts so I don't get bored, and to be able to get some fresh air.

I really needed some fresh air during lift and sculpt today. I'm not sure why exactly, but I got really lightheaded lifting today and just really missed the fresh air of being outside. I love that class, don't get me wrong, but I really just wanted to be in the sun. I think this may be a symptom of my larger cabin fever issues, but it doesn't change the fact that I want it to be warm out! I want to be doing things outside! I want to be able to drive around with my car windows down and not freeze, or get snow in the car! Yup, definitely suffering from cabin fever. But I think (finally) spring is around the corner. Then I can do all those fun things outside, until it starts to get too hot and I need AC. =0) Til tomorrow!

~Catie

Minutes spent working out so far this week: 60


No comments:

Post a Comment