About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 6 - Regrets and Guilt

It's funny - this has only been my first week of working out, and I already feel guilty for not going yesterday or today. Maybe guilty is not the right word, but I just feel weird about not going. Is it possible to already form a habit after 4 days? And if it is, is it possible to lose that habit in as many days?

Yesterday was strange. I got up, and didn't need to pack my gym bag. I was leaving work, and went a different way home because I wasn't going to the gym. A week ago it would have felt weird to do those things, and now it feels strange to not. And then I went out with friends last night, and this morning I am feeling serious guilt for 1) not working out 2) drinking a few too many glasses of wine last night, and 3) being hungover enough today to not want to get off my couch.

On a side note, when did I become old? I used to be able to go out and stay out until 2 am and not feel a thing the next day. Now I go out, come home early, and can't get rid of my headache all day. I guess it was around the same time that I realized I can't eat pizza or cheese fries at 2am and not gain weight from it. I miss those days...

Back to the point. A friend of mine retweeted this quote the other day on Twitter, and it got me thinking - Never regret anything because at one time it was what you wanted. And I agree with this. But what if the things I once wanted are bad for me, like eating pizza at 2am or drinking too much? Should I still not regret them because at one point I did enjoy doing them? And what if that regret makes me change something about my life for the positive? Should I regret my regret, even if it makes my life better?

I guess there's no answer to that, because no one can decide how you feel except you. And in this case, I'm following this philosophy - sometimes the reason behind why we do something good doesn't matter. It's just that we did it. Til tomorrow.

~Catie

Total number of minutes spent working out this week: 255

No comments:

Post a Comment