About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 2 - The Art of Zumba

Zumba Zumba Zumba. Where do I begin...

My first experience with Zumba was good, but not great. It reminded me of when I went to see Avatar (stick with me - this will make sense!). When I saw Avatar in 3D here in State College, the glasses had really dark green lens. I still got to see everything in 3D, but everything was so dark because of the glasses that some of the vibrant colors were lost.

Same thing with Zumba. I still got a good workout, don't get me wrong. But the instructor seemed a little lost, and I think she was still new to teaching it, which made it not quite as fun. For anyone who has never taken Zumba, the best way I can describe it is a Latin-influenced aerobic dance class. There was great music, and a great energy with all of the women in the class, but I kept getting lost which made me frustrated!

I'm not the most coordinated person out there, so when I take an aerobics class I need direction. I need the instructor to say "Last one! Now grapevine!" - something like that. But I would be doing a step, look up, and realize the instructor was doing something completely different without telling us! Agh!

Luckily there is another Zumba class on Thursday, with a different instructor, so hopefully that will turn out better. But at least it was a good workout that really got my heart rate up. And it was pretty funny when the instructor would start speaking Spanglish - "Now shake it a la derecha!"

So overall I had a good time, got a good workout, but something just felt off. Oh well! I tried something new, right? And that's enough of an accomplishment for me. Til tomorrow!

~Catie

Total number of minutes spent working out this week: 135

No comments:

Post a Comment