About Me

My photo
I'm 32 years old, living in Pennsylvania with my amazing husband and 2 crazy cats, and I'm on a mission to get healthy. I don't want to be a supermodel, or some crazy female bodybuilder, I just want to be me. But healthier.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: Sucks (or so I thought)

It figures I would jinx myself. It all started out with a post on my friend Kyle's facebook page. He congratulated me on doing well so far, and I made a funny little joke back saying that Day 6 was always the hardest, so I better watch out. Of course, at the time, I was kidding. But as it turns out, Day 6 almost broke the streak.

First, let me back up. Some of you might be wondering - how in the hell is it Day 6 when Monday was Day 1?? Well, technically Monday was Day 3 since I started my first day walking on New Years Day. But for the sake of starting the blog up again I said that my first post back was Day 1. What can I say - I love the drama.

But back to Day 6. Like I said, it all started as a joke that turned bad. I could not get out of bed this morning. And I don't mean, "Oh, woe is me. I'm still sleepy". No. It was, "F you alarm! I'm not getting up!!". Not only did I not get up for my walk this morning, I was late to work because I overslept. But, I knew I still had yoga tonight, so that made it okay.

Then the day got super busy. Freaking work man - always getting in the way. (When did I start channeling The Big Lebowski??) Anyway, by the end of the day I really didn't want to go to yoga. And you know that's bad because I actually really enjoy yoga. Especially the yoga where we get to lay on the ground at the end and just relax, which is what this yoga was. And I still couldn't get myself to go. I was drowning in a sea of lazy-assness, but luckily I was told to get my ass up and go.

I never really found the buddy system of working out to work for me, mostly for two reasons. One - I'm pretty competitive, even over stupid stuff like who's going the fastest on the spin bike (which is never me FYI) and two - I get really self-conscious that I'm going to look stupid or embarrass myself. Which I know is dumb because I've embarrassed myself way more in front of my friends out and about than I ever could at the gym (it's called the Shandygaff dance floor), but it's still how I feel.

But if it hadn't been for my friends today convincing me to get my ass to the gym at 4:55pm, I don't think I would have gone. I'm pretty sure I would have gone home, laid on the couch, and then beat myself up over not going because that's what I used to do. But now it feels like I accomplished something. Like this was my first hurdle, and it was my friends that got me over it. It's a really amazing feeling. So if any of them are reading this right now - thank you. And if you ever need some motivation to workout, I'll be there. =0)

~Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment